Reporting to the Programming Coordinator, the event volunteer will be responsible for the smooth operation and delivery of ONERUN events during the 2019 season. They will work alongside both the ONERUN Team and fellow volunteers to help run ONERUN events throughout the province (specified in application).
Duties and Responsibilities –
The events volunteer will:
- Participate in event activities as necessary to create a better event atmosphere.
- Engage with students, donors and other participants during the event(s).
- Assist in the setup and take-down of the event(s) as necessary.
- Act as point of contact with other potential volunteers.
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of other volunteers, students, donors, and event participants.
- Must be 14 y/o (with parental consent).
- Must be able to provide own transportation to/from events as required.
- Must be willing to participate in team meetings if called upon.
- Previous event experience (volunteer/paid) is a plus.
- First Aid training is a plus.
- Previous ONERUN experience is a plus.
- Fun, energetic attitude towards participation is a must.
Time Period –
This position requires a minimum 6-month commitment for participation in various events hosted by ONERUN or community partners (as required), for an average of 2-12 hours per event. Evening and weekend availability may be required for certain events.
Benefits and Recognition –
This position provides valuable experience for event operations and management; individuals with an interest in gaining experience in the non-profit sector; and anyone with a passion for helping cancer patients. Volunteers are highly valued members of the ONERUN team and contribute to making a significant difference in ONERUN’s ability to help fund programs and opportunities for cancer patients (current, past and family members). ONERUN will provide reference letters for all volunteers who successfully complete a placement if requested.
About ONERUN –
ONERUN is a growing phenomenon of students acting as one to help fight cancer. Founded in 2010 by Theresa Carriere, ONERUN has grown to over 10 schools and raised over $1 million since its inception. We give back 100% of all donated dollars to our community partners to help fund cancer programs throughout the communities we serve in.